AppSync Masterclass plus package
Thank you for checking out the AppSync Masterclass!
This is what you will learn in the plus package:
- What is GraphQL, how does it compare with REST?
- What is AppSync, how does it compare with API Gateway?
- How to design a GraphQL schema?
- How to test AppSync APIs locally?
- How to unit test VTL templates?
- How to write integration tests for Lambda functions?
- How to test AppSync APIs with end-to-end tests?
- What is Cognito?
- How to use Cognito to authenticate users?
- When to use API Keys and AWS_IAM auth?
Performance and Cost
- How to optimize performance, cost and scalability with caching.
- How to optimize Lambda cold starts?
- How to use the Serverless framework to automate deployment?
- How to set up CI/CD pipeline with Github Actions?
- How to promote changes through the stages?
- How to use GraphQL subscriptions to build real-time apps?
- How to build search features with Algolia?
You will learn to do all these by getting your hands dirty and building a Twitter clone, both the frontend and the backend!
Here’s a quick sneak peek of what you will build.
What’s not in the Plus package
If you plan to run AppSync in production then you should check out the Premium package, which includes additional lessons such as:
- How to configure custom domain names for AppSync?
- How to version control AppSync APIs?
- How to monitor and debug AppSync APIs in production?
- How to capture per-resolver metrics for AppSync?
- What metrics and alerts do you need to monitor AppSync APIs?
- How to model multi-tenant APIs?
- How to use Cognito in a multi-tenant app?
If you want to learn more about serverless then check out my other courses or get the bundle for a great discount?
Become an AWS Lambda blackbelt in bite-sized lessons!
It’s easy to get started with AWS Lambda and quickly ship something. But the thing is, there are lots of hidden decisions that can bite you in the ass later if you don’t think about them.
Learn how to build complex business workflows using AWS Step Functions.
Learn the ins and outs of Step Functions. By the end of the course, you should have a good grasp of how it works, when to use it, and design patterns and best practices to help you get the most out of the Step Functions service.
Get all 3 of my courses for the price of 2 in The Complete Package!
This package contains:
- AppSync Masterclass premium package
- Learn you some Lambda best practice for great good!
- Complete guide to AWS Step Functions